Thursday, August 29, 2013

8/29/13

“So often I need to remind you that your life is not about you, but about My plans and My desires. I need to do that, so you remain focused and on a straight path. Part of My desire is, however, you. You fill My heart. You have My affection. I have purchased you with some very expensive blood, because I desire to be with you. When everything is complete, you will be brought into the fullness of love. It is where I function. This is all about My love for you. As you go about doing what I ask of you, remember that My heart is focused toward you. I am eliminating your fleshly desires and forming you to be like Jesus, but I am always for you and never against you. I love you. I delight in you.”

Gen. 1:31 NIV

31God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.

Matthew 11:12 NIV

12“From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it.”

Matthew 26:53-54 NIV

53“Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

54But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say that it must happen in this way?”

Eph. 3:18-19 AMP

18That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God’s devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];

19[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!


I have two daughters and, oh my, I love them. My relationship with each of them is very different, partly because of their ages.

I have chosen to invest in both of them with intensity. They are a continuous focus of my attention. I study their needs, instruct them when needed - or in Jenny’s case, when asked - encourage them often, find ways to make their lives wealthy; and always, always hold them close before my Father in heaven. Most of all, I affirm my love for them. I desire that they prosper physically and spiritually, and I am devoted to their best interests, just as Jesus was and is for mine.

There is no way that I could have this kind of love, actually His kind of love, for them in my heart if it hadn’t been placed there by Father God. When I go to Him, He always gives me part of Himself. He is love. I know that He loves me, always. He places in me the desire to function toward them as He does toward me. He does the same for all of those who are His for that matter, if we allow Him to do so.

My time with My ABBA gives me whatever it takes to function the length of my days. In this case, my prayer is that His love flows through me to my daughters, so that they can see Who He is. As I understand His love for me, and love deeply and flow in His love, His Kingdom is furthered, my children are enriched; and I am free. What a joyous life!

Thank You, Lord,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment