Saturday, November 2, 2013

11/02/13

“Even if you’ve made a mistake by forcing your will over Mine in the past, I will cover you. I can and will use your present situation for your good and My glory. Now is the time to repent and submit to My will over yours. Now is the time to obey what you know to be right. Go to My Word and find the truth for your situation. Stop following after the lusts of your flesh by desiring that things would be different.

Grow up! You do what is right to do now. I will honor your obedience. Don’t compound your situation by remaining self-centered and selfish. Work from where you are with My peace in your heart. Decide to please Me. Watch what I can do, if you decide to do what is right because it is right as I see it.”

Psalm 61:2-3 NIV

2From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.

Psalm 106:12-15 AMP

12Then [Israel] believed His words [trusting in, relying on them]; they sang His praise.

13But they hastily forgot His works; they did not [earnestly] wait for His plans [to develop] regarding them.

14But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tempted and tried to restrain God [with their insistent desires] in the desert.

15And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their souls and [thinned their numbers by] disease and death.

Isaiah 30:21 NIV

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”


I have been pondering this Father’s Heart message in comparison to the message from yesterday. On the surface, there are areas in the two messages that may seem contradictory unless you understand the sovereignty of God and the free will He has given us.

As a loving Father, sometimes He heads us off, keeping us from paths that are harmful to us. Other times, He allows us to experience pitfalls, so that we might learn a valuable lesson. Always, He has our best interests at heart. Always, He is looking for us to develop intimacy with Him.

In the above verses in Psalm 106, it shows that the strong will of a people moved God to grant requests that were not His best for them. Along with their request, however, came a leanness of soul and great pressure on them to turn from their independent, rebellious ways and need Him again.

You are so loving and incredible, my Lord,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment