Friday, January 24, 2014

1/24/14

“I grieve when We are separated for any reason. If you have sinned, I long to extend mercy to you. If you are too busy, I wait for your return. If you decide that Our relationship is not as important as other events in your life, I initiate ways for you to change your heart. Whenever you repent of any sin, I run to you.

It is true that I hold the stars in place. The winds obey My command. All the functions of your world would cease to exist if I desired that they end. I am God and there is no other. With all that I am, I still hold you at the center of My heart. You need not understand why. Just believe it with your heart.”

Matthew 10:29-31 NIV

29“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.

30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

Luke 15:19-20 AMP

19I am no longer worthy to be called your son; [just] make me like one of your hired servants.

20So he got up and came to his [own] father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was moved with pity and tenderness [for him]; and he ran and embraced him and kissed him [fervently].


A spirit of compassionate insight (mourning) is the spirit that “drove” Jesus from His kingly station in the heavens down to earth to take on the form of one of His own created beings. He placed Himself “in the shoes” of each one of us both in this life and for eternity.

Feeling our present and future pain of separation from the Father, there was nothing that He could do but spend His life for us. His focus was on our loss. He cared about what would happen to us if He didn’t intervene on our behalf.

Having no separation between His heart and the heart of His Father, He also took as His own the loss that the Father had because of the sin of mankind, which caused separation. Father longed for all those He loved to cherish His glory for their well-being. Because the Father felt that way, so did Jesus - not in an elementary form of human caring, but with all of the compassions of the Father. When He moved in compassion, our needs and pains were taken on by Him as His own.

Thank You for never giving up on me, Lord.

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment