Saturday, February 15, 2014

2/15/14

“I’ll cover your back. I mean it. I will forever be there for you when you need My help. You can count on Me. Whether you believe it or not, I have always been there for you in the past, even when it may not have looked or felt like it. I have guided you and I have directed your steps. I have even devised ways for you to need Me. You need to trust Me. My provision does come in many forms. Sometimes you will only understand the form it takes much later, but it is always there. You need to rest in the fact that I will always be with you and for you, no matter what I have you go through. I have My reasons. I love you.”

2 Samuel 14:14 NIV

“God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him.”

Romans 8:28 NIV

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

2 Cor. 7:10 NIV

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

Hebrews 13:5b AMP

…for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]


So many of us misinterpret the Word of God, thinking that God will never allow difficult circumstances to happen in our lives, or that harm will never come to us because we belong to Him. That is foolishness. It is unbiblical. Start with those who died in the arenas in Rome and go from there. They were God’s most beloved.

God’s intent is for each of us to walk and conduct ourselves in the same way that Jesus walked and acted. Whatever it takes for us to be formed into the image of Jesus, so that others can see Who He is, He will use. It is His mercy. It is His promise.

I am convinced that it is time for us to grow up. This Christian walk is not about how comfortable God can make us. That is another gospel, not the true gospel. It denies the cross.

This walk with God is about God reproducing Jesus in each one of us. He will do whatever it takes to accomplish that. We have choices. We can either embrace His presence with us to accomplish that, or we can fight it and remain selfish and self-centered. The first choice brings a healthy life and true freedom. The other is a slow, whiney, complaint-infested, atrophy-filled, fearful spiritual death.

Bring me to life, Lord,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment