Thursday, July 31, 2014

7/31/14

“If you have decided to follow hard after Me, I will separate you and call you aside. Few will understand your life. Few will identify with the seasons that I take you through. I will always provide fellowship for you, but you will not always be able to go where most go or do what most seem to be allowed to do. I can’t train you in the din of fruitless activity.

I need to separate you, so that you can hear My voice. Understand that I am changing your priorities. I am creating a longing for My presence in you and equipping you for your calling. Soon, I will be your only desire. Soon, you will crave My fellowship above all other needs. Eventually you will have the heart of Jesus. It is an important work that I am doing in you.”

Matt. 14:22-23 NIV

22“Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd.

23After he had dismissed them, he went up into the hills by himself to pray.”

Phil. 3:10-11 AMP

10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

11That if possible I may attain to the [spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].


For many years, Merry and I have wondered why we could not do the things that the church in general does. We found ourselves not desiring to go to parties or attend functions that didn’t focus on the things of God. Most of the time, we couldn’t participate in frivolous conversations. Most of the time, we had little to say when talk turned to events or worldly ideas.

Eventually we were no longer asked anywhere. Often we longed to fit in. Often we tried to fit in; but we couldn’t and even felt a need to repent of our need to belong. Sometimes we left parties early just to be alone and talk about the things of God. We were weird ducks and in all likelihood, it was difficult for people to know what to do with us. We didn’t know that we were in training for what we are doing now.

Now that we’ve met many people just like us all over the country, we no longer feel alone. We realize that many people are longing for the heart of Jesus and desiring to be equipped for their calling. Many are being trained and changed. Many are looked upon as weird as they sell out to Jesus - probably just like you, if you get this newsletter.

I want to be weird if it pleases you, Lord,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment