Friday, January 23, 2015

1/23/15

“You need to periodically recall all that I have done for you, to remind you that My hand is always upon you. You need to remember even some of the little things that appear insignificant, but have great value in your development as a follower of Jesus. You need to build on what I have done, so that your faith will not falter. In the times just before I would have you step out in faith for Me, I sometimes remove tangible evidences of My presence. It seems as if the heavens are brass and that I am nowhere to be found. Although I am always with you, this causes you to hunt for Me in your spirit. It brings a renewed zeal to remain with Me at all costs. It brings a fresh awareness of how close we have become, and how much you rely on that intimacy. It also forces you to turn away from anything that has replaced Me in your heart to supply your required needs.

Once you again become aware of your acute need for Me and your priorities are in line, we can go on. The importance of Our alliance will have been restored in your heart. Your spiritual understanding will once again be in proper perspective. I will be free to flood you with My provision. No one will mistake that where you are about to go has been made manifest by My power. No one will be able to remove the testimony of My presence and My hand upon you. You will look only to Me to supply your required need, not to the hand of man. You will proclaim My glory so that others will begin to trust Me more fully.

Many people are watching you during times of pressure. Many are waiting to see how to follow My lead, no matter how many obstacles seem to be in the way. Few know how to wait on Me to remove them. I have taught you how to turn to Me. When you falter, remember My faithfulness in the past. Rely on My commitment to you and the promises in My Word. Chronicle these days. You will be able to refer to the miracles that I am about to perform on your behalf, the next time your faith is weak.”

Esther 6:1-3 AMP

1ON THAT night the king could not sleep; and he ordered that the book of memorable deeds, the chronicles, be brought, and they were read before the king.

2And it was found written there how Mordecai had told of Bigthana and Teresh, two of the attendants who guarded the door, who had sought to lay hands on King Ahasuerus.

3And the king said, What honor or distinction has been given Mordecai for this? Then the king’s servants who ministered to him said, Nothing has been done for him.


In the last few days, the weight of what is being birthed in the heavenlies had taken its toll on me. Being in an attitude of continuous prayer, I found that I had turned my heart to focus on my needs, instead of remembering the faithfulness of God over many years of ministry. Weariness had set in. As a father with a family, fear kept knocking at my door, trying to distract me from the faithfulness of my Lord.

This message has reminded me of who my God really is. It has caused me to repent of my lack of faith in my loving Father. I spent most of the night paging through my journal, remembering the countless times in the past where He has proven Himself strong on my behalf.

Can you imagine Morcedai, grieving for his people because of the edict that had been sent out against them by Haman? Sitting in sackcloth, his heart must have been broken, his mind completely occupied with the urgent need at hand. Little did he know that God was waking the king in the middle of the night on his behalf. The answer to the impossible situation was being accomplished in the early morning hours, while it appeared as if nothing was happening. The plans of God had been set in motion long before the situation manifested itself. What an incredible God!

Freshly delivered from a spirit of worry, I turn to you with an encouragement. Remember the many times the Lord has fought battles, eliminated foes, and provided miracles so that you could prosper. Remember His faithfulness. Remember His love. Allow His Word to place a renewed confidence of His majesty, beauty, and glory in your heart. Allow the wonder of His might to place all of your minute needs in perspective, comparing them to His ability to speak the universes into existence.

I’m sorry, Lord. Thank you for the memories and the reminders,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment