Friday, February 13, 2015

2/13/15

“If you were given a stewardship of someone’s large estate and told to disperse its many resources and vast holdings to others, how much would you keep for yourself? If none of it was yours to keep, would it not be theft if you consumed the majority of it on yourself and your own needs? Why is it any different with what I have given you? If everything is really Mine and I have prospered you, are you not simply a steward of My wealth? Should you not disperse My holdings as I wish?

Why then do you rob from Me? You keep what you have not been told is yours. Do not be fooled! I am keeping account of those I bring to you and you turn away only to use their intended provision to pad your comfort areas. In truth, My servants who have little of this world’s wealth and continue on, using only scraps from your table to do My work, are very wealthy in My eyes, while you are becoming bankrupt. Repent!”

Isaiah 6:1-2a, 3-5 KJV

...I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims...And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory… Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

2 Cor. 5:14-15 AMP

14For the love of Christ controls and urges and impels us, because we are of the opinion and conviction that [if] One died for all, then all died;

15And He died for all, so that all those who live might live no longer to and for themselves, but to and for Him Who died and was raised again for their sake.

Rev. 3:15-18 NIV

15“I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!

16So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

17You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.”


Slowly, but surely, the area affected by these “tongues”- that’s what they were, tongues like fire - became larger and larger. Mesmerized by the combination of joy, weeping, praising and sweet abandonment, Tom didn’t realize that the fire had grown to involve those on benches directly in front of him and was sweeping in his direction.

“Unclean! Unclean! Unclean!” Tom heard himself cry out as he lay prostrate before holiness beyond description. Whether under his bench or kneeling in surrender, he did not know, but his spirit was exposed before the Creator and Lord of all mankind. Light purer than crystal and penetrating every fleshly corner, every unconfessed sin, every secret thought, sapped the strength from his being.

“Oh! Oh! Oh! How filthy! Oh! Forgive me, Lord! Oh! I can’t stand Your presence. I’ll be consumed,” he thought as the light, heat and holiness became unbearable. “Even cast me away - I am unclean - I am but dirt. Please come no closer, my Lord. I cannot stand it - You are so holy, so pure. Ohhhhh!”

The presence of God involved Tom Bracken’s every cell, separating the flesh man from the spirit man just as wax would become instantly non-existent if thrown into a raging inferno. “Please, please, come no closer,” Tom found himself screaming inside as the Living Christ in all of His splendor emerged from the flame. Radiant beyond description, clothed in the glory of the Father, and awesome in power, Jesus, the Light Himself, reached out to touch Tom.

Tom knew he would cease to exist. He understood now. He saw himself compared to the Living Christ and he now knew that if he were thrown into the pit of hell forever it would be what he deserved. He also knew, now that he had caught a glimpse of the Lord of All, that he would praise Him forever, even if he were in the torment of hell. It was all he could do, for Jesus is worthy of praise - not for any other reason than for who He is.

We have forgotten Who You really are, Lord; forgive us.

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment