Tuesday, December 17, 2013

12/17/13

“There are those in this world who can hate much deeper than you are able to love. That is very important to know, because your ability to love is the only antidote for their hate. I have planned it that way. Any war, conflict, or separation is caused by a lack of love. It may appear on the outside as a situation of attempting to prove who is right or wrong. It may seem necessary to protect rights or territory, or separate the good from the bad; but the bottom line is always a lack of love displayed toward one another.

You must grow in love—not the foolish, milk toast emotion, but the kind of love displayed on the cross. Love enough to consider nothing as your own. Love with a passion. Consider the hatred of your enemy as weakness, not strength, for that is what it is. It is an absence of My strength and My presence when anyone hates, no matter how it is disguised. Most wars are implemented as just causes and presented as important, because they attach My Name to them. It is the foolish, blind heart that initiates conflict in My Name. I am never with them. They are simply using Me to cover up their real agenda of hatred and confusion. I am not at war with anyone; I have already won.

In the coming times, you will see My plan for your world played out and implemented by those who do not understand what real love is. I am using their hatred to cause everything to fall in place. You will have choices to make because you are Mine. You can be part of the conflict, or you can be part of My solution for the hating heart. Your best weapon during the coming times is My kind of love. Study it. Practice it. Look to Jesus and His life. He showed you how to win any war.”

Exodus 33:13-16 NIV

13“If I have found favor in your eyes, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”

14The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

15Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.

16How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”

Eph. 5:1-2 AMP

1THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].

2And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance.

I Peter 4:8 AMP

Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offenses of others].


So often, when we get caught up in the emotion of a situation, season, or cause, we become blind to God’s perspective and fail to practice His kind of love. Have you ever really questioned how the early followers of Christ could freely give away all their possessions, be at peace when imprisoned, and die in the arenas praising God? Have you ever compared their kind of strength to our puny kind of life, as we say that we are “in Christ”? The answer is simple. They understood what love really is; we do not!

We willingly hate our brothers or sisters in Christ if they offend our pride, our rights, or our established territory. We will throw away family or friends for the sake of our own gain, caring little that we have stepped far beyond the limits of the character of Christ in doing so. We will hate anyone who hates us, justifying our doing so by telling ourselves that our side is right, and thinking that God is with us when He is not with anyone who hoards or hates.

Soon, every one of us will be tested for who we really are. Those of us who have been playing games with God to suit our own needs will be exposed. How will we fare? Will we look like Jesus during those tests, or just like those who hate us, while using His Name to justify the hatred in our own hearts?

Help me, Lord,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment