Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5/20/14

“Live out this day for My good! I have appointed it and I desire your participation. Your part in My plan is important. If you waste your time pining over yesterday or spend valuable moments fearing tomorrow, you will not appreciate all that I have for you today. If you live your life in the joys of the past, or base your hope on a better tomorrow, you will not consider today important enough to involve yourself fully in My plan for you.

Start considering each day as important as I do, be it filled with challenges, alive with opportunities, or a simple day of rest. Learn from your past, look forward to My future with you; but live this day with the passion that Jesus lived each moment He was with you. He understood how important His each and every day was. So must you!”

John 4:34 NIV

”My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.”

Acts 17:28a AMP

For in Him we live and move and have our being...

2 Cor. 3:3 AMP

You show and make obvious that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, not written with ink but with [the] Spirit of [the] living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Cor. 5:20a NIV

We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.

Colossians 1:7-12 NIV

7You learned it (the gospel) from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf,

8and who also told us of your love in the Spirit.

9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully

12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.


I am heartbroken over the days that I have wasted by focusing on past mistakes or by worrying about what is ahead. As I think of how little was accomplished by my worry or regret, I can understand why it is so much more fruitful to direct my attention to each day’s tasks and situations as they happen. It also means that I am trusting my Lord with all of the rest. If I seek Him as my priority, I can be confident that He will cover what I have done, and that He is in charge of what comes next.

It’s a matter of trust, isn’t it, Lord?

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment