Thursday, May 22, 2014

5/22/14

“The impossible is simple for Me. I spoke the universe into existence. My desire brought you to life. My plan through Jesus allows you to spend eternity with Me. I am God and there is no other. Because I gave everyone a free will, however, some choose to spend eternity separate from Me. I will do much to allow them to see truth, but they have the ultimate choice. Those of you who see and hear truth must tell them, so that they can make that choice to accept Jesus before it’s too late. It breaks My heart that anyone should perish.”

2 Samuel 14:14b NIV

“But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him.”


It fascinates me how some people blame God whenever they get the chance, if they have a rebellious heart. They accuse God of anything and everything from pollution to His creation of hell. Some even get angry at Him if He doesn’t do things their way. Many people will curse Him for living up to His Word when He tells them that because of the choices they made, choices contrary to His plan for salvation through Jesus, they can’t be with Him for eternity.

The answer to life is really quite simple and quite wonderful. There is a God. He really is God and we are not. We serve Him; He doesn’t have to serve us. He wishes that no one would be banned from His presence, so He has provided a way for everyone to be able to spend eternity with Him through Jesus. If we accept His way, we will be with Him. If we try to be accepted by Him by doing things any other way, we won’t. Submission to His ways leads to a joyous, abundant, fruitful life, and then, a glorious eternity in His presence.

Teach me Your ways, Lord,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment