Friday, August 15, 2014

8/15/14

“What is yours that I haven’t given you? For that matter, what have you claimed ownership of that is Mine? I am deeply concerned over your heart attitude of ownership and what you have claimed to be yours, using it to pad your comfort areas when I have planned to use it for My work.

You return small portions of what I have called you to be a steward of and believe that I haven’t noticed. You even have the nerve to justify your folly and choose to be blind to those I send to you for help, saying in your heart that you have done enough.

It’s time for you to look around! What are you claiming to be yours that you do not own? What do you have in your hand that I have intended for My work? How much of what you claim as yours have I really allowed you to keep? How do you justify your selfishness when My workers cannot use what I have intended for them?

You have held up My blessing for them and for you. I am asking you this day for an accounting. Come to Me with your answer.”

Ps. 24:1 NIV

The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;

Ps.106:12-15 AMP

12Then [Israel] believed His words [trusting in, relying on them]; they sang His praise.

13But they hastily forgot His works; they did not [earnestly] wait for His plans [to develop] regarding them,

14But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tempted and tried to restrain God [with their insistent desires] in the desert.

15And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their souls…

Proverbs 29:21 AMP

He who pampers his servant from childhood will have him expecting the rights of a son afterward.

Jeremiah 2:13 NIV

“My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.”

Hosea 13:6 NIV

“When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me.”


Stewardship of any kind is a very delicate subject to those who have selfish hearts. It is a delightful conversation to those who fully understand God’s principles and have only His desires in their hearts.

Make us all aware of Your ways once again, Lord,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment