Saturday, August 30, 2014

8/30/14

“If only you could understand the cost of your salvation. You would never doubt My love again. You would understand the heart that Jesus had as He walked among those He had created. He knew that some of them would crucify Him in the near future. He wept, not because of what they were going to do; but because they were capable of doing it.

His love caused Him to think more about the sin in which Adam and Eve had condemned mankind to function, than about His own pain. He saw that you were helpless and so much in need of His help. He helped you the best way that He could. He gave everything for your nothing!”

Matthew 14:14 NIV

When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

Matthew 26: 53-54 NIV

53“Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

54But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”


I am convinced that I probably would have been one of those who yelled, “Crucify Him,” if I had been there that day. I would’ve wanted to kill that liar. He made believe that He was God and I believed Him. Now everyone else saw through Him. God would not allow Himself to be placed in the position Jesus was in now. Look at Him, bloody, beaten, looking like a fool. Because I could only walk in the flesh, I believe that I would have hated Him at that moment for wasting my time and making me vulnerable! I wouldn’t have been able to believe that He was making a way for me to see clearly.

Forgive me, Lord,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment