Monday, September 8, 2014

9/08/14

“Rejoice in the fact that you are My child. Rejoice in the times that We share. Give thought to who you have become. Be encouraged by who you are becoming. Your life with Me is far better than the life of someone who chooses not to serve Me, no matter how hard your training might be or how successful he or she may look.

You have hope and a future. You have real purpose for your breathing. Whenever you begin to think that your road is too difficult, as I carve away at your old life and replace it with the life of Jesus, I challenge you to think of the alternative. Think of your future with Me. Remember your past without Me. Would you really have it any other way?

Dig in! Confirm your commitment! No matter what the cost, renew your submission to Jesus and His ways. There is no better life. There is no stronger hope.”

Psalm 46:1 AMP

God is our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble.

Isaiah 38:17 NIV

Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back.

Matthew 16:24-25 AMP

24Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to be My disciple, let him deny himself [disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests] and take up his cross and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying, also].

25For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].


I recently had the opportunity to meet with some people that I hadn’t seen for close to thirty years. It was really good to see them again. Many years ago, we had somewhat parallel lives in regard to our dreams and future plans, even though we traveled in different circles.

Around the time that we had parted ways, I was well on my way to the destruction of everything around me because of the sin in my life. My life was in a downward spiral; they went on to achieve great worldly success. In all ways, they seem to have everything good that the world has to offer: a loving family environment, an abundance of toys, and probably the ability to purchase anything their hearts may desire. Being in ministry for many years, the Lord has provided for my family and me directly from His hand. We really have need of little, but we are light years from the kind of physical wealth that they have.

Since I saw them, I have grieved for them in their abundance. A new kind of love for them has been placed in my heart and I have committed to pray for them until they find the Lord. If He chooses to use me for that end, I am willing to do whatever it takes.

With everything that they have gained, as nice as they are, they have nothing of real value. Unless they somehow turn to Jesus, their future is hopeless because they seem to have no thought of Him, nor any idea of surrendering their lives to Him at this point. If they never do, according to the Bible, they will stand before Him one day and be judged for remaining in rebellion, rather than submitting to His work on the cross. If that happens, their eternal future is extremely dark and without any hope.

Jesus, in my desperation, at my darkest moment, You reached out and accepted me. I deserve nothing and should be cast from You forever. Somehow You saw things differently. I was dead; I was hopeless and You gave me Your life.

I will thank You forever, Lord,

Jim Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment